Condo Home Inspection Services in Northbrook, IL
What is a Condo Home Inspection in Northbrook, IL?
A condo home inspection primarily focuses on the internal systems and structure within the exterior walls of the unit. This includes inspecting doors, windows, attached balconies, or decks. However, it also can cover part of the building as a whole. Key focus areas frequently inspected include the roof, electrical system, plumbing, heating and cooling systems, appliances, and the overall condition of interior spaces like the kitchen, bathroom, and living areas.
The Importance of Condo Home Inspection in Northbrook, IL
Peace of Mind: A thorough condo home inspection can reveal hidden problems or damages that may not be apparent during initial viewings. Our condo home inspections help avoid unexpected and expensive repairs, providing peace of mind for both buyers and sellers.
Leverage During Negotiations: Discovering significant issues during the inspection can be leveraged in negotiations. Buyers can either negotiate for repairs or ask for a lower purchase price to compensate for the necessary repair work.
What Does the Inspection Cover?
Inspectors, using a detailed checklist, cover several critical areas within the condo:
- Exterior Inspection: These areas may include examining external features such as cracks, balconies, patios, decks, windows, and doors to ensure safety and proper sealing.
- Interior Inspection: Inspectors test electrical outlets, switches, and plumbing fixtures and examine appliances to ensure they are in working order.
- Structural Inspection: This involves inspecting the unit’s walls, ceilings, and floors for signs of settling or shifting.
- HVAC Inspection: The heating and cooling systems are tested for age, condition and function. Air filters are checked for potential replacement.
- Safety Inspection: Inspectors ensure the presence of smoke detectors, carbon monoxide detectors, and fire extinguishers. These items however are not tested.
- Homeowners Association (HOA) Role: Understanding the role of the HOA is crucial as it is responsible for maintaining the parts of the building outside the walls of your unit, including common elements and building systems like electrical, plumbing, and roofing. The overall health of the HOA and its financial status, including reserve funds and special assessments, can significantly impact your decision-making process.
- Complete Inspection: Our inspections are comprehensive. Depending on the type of condominium home, they might include a buildings attics, exteriors, roofs, parking garages, and basements, offering a general sense of the overall condition of the building.
- Inspection Costs: A condo home inspection can vary depending on the type and age of building, the condominium’s location, and its size. You can call us right now at 847-908-5236 to discuss the cost.
Why Choose Real Inspection Experts?
Extensive Experience and Knowledge: Their inspectors bring a wealth of experience and knowledge, ensuring a thorough inspection regardless of the age or type of the building. They conduct complete checks of electrical systems, plumbing, heating, cooling, interior and exterior elements, and major appliances.
Advanced Inspection Tools: Utilizing advanced tools like drones, thermal imagers, and moisture meters, Real Inspection Experts can identify potential concerns such as foundation problems, structural issues, or significant systems needing repair or replacement. They also focus on identifying safety concerns within the home, such as asbestos, lead paint, and mold.
Active Involvement of the Buyer: Buyers are encouraged to be present and actively involved during the inspection. This involves asking questions, taking notes, inspecting the property, and considering future maintenance costs. This approach makes the inspection an educational opportunity for the buyer to learn about the property’s condition and background.
Detailed and Accessible Reports: Within 24 hours after the property inspection, Clients receive an extensive, color-coded inspection report via email following the inspection. This report is designed for easy understanding and is accessible on mobile devices. It includes clear pictures, illustrations, and thorough explanations of any areas of concern, along with repair estimates to assist in ongoing negotiations for repairs or a lower purchase price.